CARAMELIZED ONION, TOMATO & ROSEMARY FLATBREAD
½ cup plus 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
1 large onion, thinly sliced
1 medium tomato, cut into ¼-inch slices
2 sprigs fresh rosemary, needles removed from stem
⅓ cup (packed) finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place dough on baking sheet.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet set over medium heat. Add onion slices, cover and cook until onion is golden brown, stirring occasionally, about 20 minutes.
- Top the dough with tomato slices, caramelized onions, rosemary, Parmesan cheese, and salt. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Bake until the bread is golden brown, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a rack. Cut into pieces and serve.
Share this recipe