WHOLE-WHEAT LINGUINE WITH ASPARAGUS AND LEMON
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add linguine and cook until al dente, approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium heat.
- Add shallots and let them cook (without browning) until fragrant, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in asparagus and garlic, and season with salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Cook until asparagus is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour in the wine and continue cooking until it’s almost fully reduced.
- Stir in the vegetable stock, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the liquid is reduced by half, about 5 minutes.
- Add the linguine, Parmesan cheese, and remaining black pepper, and toss well.
- Garnish with additional lemon zest and shaved Parmesan and serve immediately.
Share this recipe