CURLY, SWIRLY VEGGIE TART
2 slices thick-cut bacon
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream
Flour, for rolling
1 sheet puff pastry
2 cups fresh or frozen spiralized vegetables (such as carrots, butternut squash, sweet potatoes, zucchini, and/or beets)
Olive oil, for drizzling
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
Shaved or very thinly sliced watermelon radishes, for topping
Fresh dill sprigs, for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook bacon in microwave according to directions
- In a small bowl, whisk the cream cheese and sour cream.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the pastry out to an 11 x 15 inch rectangle. Transfer the pastry to a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture thinly over the pastry, leaving a border; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Using paper towels, firmly press out any moisture from each spiraled vegetable.
- In a medium bowl, working with 1 vegetable at a time, season and toss each vegetable with a drizzle of oil, then arrange it on top of the tart. Tuck the garlic slices into the vegetables.
- Bake the tart until the crust is deep golden-brown and the vegetables are tender, 20 to 25 minutes. Top the tart with the red onions and dill.
Share this recipe